7 Reasons HVAC Filters Should Be Changed Regularly
Regularly changing your HVAC filters can help keep your system running efficiently and reduce energy costs, as well as protecting you from dust, allergens, mold spores, and other airborne contaminants. Having a well-maintained HVAC system is essential for ensuring comfortable temperatures in your home or business all year round. One of the most important parts of any system is the filters, which traps debris before it enters the system. In this article we’ll discuss seven reasons why it’s important to regularly change your HVAC filters.
- Improved Air Quality: The filter in your HVAC system captures particles of dirt, dust, pollen and other allergens, and keeps them from being circulated back into your living space. Changing the filter regularly will ensure you’re breathing the best quality air possible.
- Enhances System Efficiency: Over time, your HVAC filters become clogged with dirt and dust, reducing the system’s efficiency. This makes the system work harder and less efficiently, resulting in higher energy bills. Regularly changing your filters will help maintain the system’s efficiency and help keep energy costs down.
- Protects System Components: When the filter becomes too clogged, it can cause parts of the HVAC system to overheat and break down. This can be costly to repair of HVAC, so it’s important to keep an eye on the filter and change it when needed. It’s also important to check the filter regularly for any signs of damage or clogging.
- Prevents Unpleasant Odors: When filters become too clogged, they can start to smell bad. This is caused by the combination of dirt and dust with the moisture in your home. Changing the filter regularly will help reduce this smell. This is especially important in businesses, as customers and employees won’t appreciate unpleasant odors.
- Reduced Risk of Mold and Mildew: When moisture is trapped in a clogged filter, it can create a breeding ground for mold and mildew. Regularly changing your filter will help reduce this risk. This is important for those who suffer from allergies or asthma, as mold spores can aggravate these conditions.
- Helps Control Allergens: Allergens like dust, pollen and pet dander can be trapped in a clogged filter. Changing the filter regularly will help reduce exposure to these allergens. This can be especially beneficial for people with allergies or asthma. That way, they can enjoy a more comfortable environment.
- Extended Life of Your HVAC System: When a filter is clogged and the system is working harder than it should, it can cause parts to wear out faster. Regularly changing the filter will help ensure your HVAC system stays in good working condition for longer.
By regularly changing your HVAC filter, you can protect your family from airborne contaminants, reduce energy costs, and extend the life of your system. It’s important to make sure you have the correct filter size and type for your home and to check it every month. By following these simple steps, you can ensure your HVAC system runs efficiently and effectively all year round.
844 Founders Rd, Lexington, SC 29073